It is that time of year when the Northern winds blow and we find ourselves looking for something warm and hearty to eat. This is simple recipe, packed with flavor. It is so easy to make a double batch and freeze the other half for a busy night.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep/Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp unflavored CBD oil / CBD powder
- 6 oz uncooked whole grain spaghetti
- ¼ c dry bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp prepared pesto
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese (plus extra for topping)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1 ½ c marinara sauce
- ¼ c water
- Torn fresh basil
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions and drain.
- In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, pesto, cheese, garlic powder, and CBD.
- Add chicken and lightly mix thoroughly. Overmixing ground meat may cause an unappealing firm and compact texture, so use light hands.
- Shape into 1-inch meatballs.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat… brown the meatballs and turn occasionally.
- Add the marinara sauce and water, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered until the meatballs are cooked through, about 5 minutes.